North Berwick is a coustal parish, and former royal burgh, in the east of East Lothian. The town has origins in the early medieval period, and evidence of prehistoric settkement. The first church was probably built in the 7th century at the site of the now ruined Old Kirk, of which the late 16th century porch still remains. There a few gravestones here which have not been scanned. In 1664 a new parish church was completed at Kirkports, the surrounding graveyard of which has a number of memento mori stones.