St Andrews Cathedral

The grounds of the ruined St Andrews Cathedral have been used as a parish burial ground since at least 1604. Prior to the reformation, prelates were buried within the cathedral building, however only monumental erections from after this period are recorded here. Many stones have now been moved into the museum and visitor centre within the cathedral grounds, howeve this is currently closed to the public. The eastern-most part of the burial ground is currently also not accessible to the public while high level masonry inspections take place.